Educational Technology Officer
The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia seeks to fill the position of Educational Technology Officer. The position is responsible for instructional technology programs and collaborates with a dynamic team of staff members to plan, develop, support and execute new initiatives to promote the United Board’s work across Asia. The position will also provide technology-related expertise and oversight for the United Board’s operations as needed. The selected candidate is expected to work closely with the programs team. This position is based in either the United Board’s Chennai, India or Hong Kong office and reports to the Vice President for Programs with a dotted line to the president.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for integrating AI and other emerging Educational Technology (Ed Tech) into initiatives that align with the United Board’s program priorities.
- Collaborate with staff, network institutions, and grantees to oversee and implement education technology related programs effectively.
- Design and support faculty development on AI and hybrid learning fostering a culture of innovation and continuous learning among staff and network institutions.
- Support continuous life-long learning, such as LinkedIn, Coursera, and other courses and certificates, among network institutions as it relates to digital certifications for staff and students.
- Identify opportunities to develop initiatives, workshops, seminars, and conference related to Education Technology and Instructional Design that align with the United Board’s priorities.
- Remain current on issues in higher education in Aisa, including trends in AI and future learning.
- Engage with academic administrators and project coordinators in United Board-related institutions.
- Identify resource experts to facilitate workshlps, conference, and training for all program staff as they pertain to technology.
- To provide technology-related expertise and oversight for the United Board’s internal operations.
- Support the general work of the United Board as required and assume responsibility for special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Expertise in education technology and instructional design, including LMS, CMS, and multimedia software. Familiarity with AI tools and platforms is desirable.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and their impact on higher education.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work respectfully across and collaborate effectively with United Board partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively (selected candidate must be eligible for a visa to the United States).
Compensation and Application Process:
Salary is competitive and commensurate to qualifications and experience. Package also includes generous annual leave, competitive retirement benefits, and comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance coverage.
The position will begin as soon as possible or at a time that is mutually agreeable. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three references eletronically to LSO@unitedboard.org by January 15, 2024. The search will continue until the position is filled.
The United Board is and US based organization and is an equal opportunity employer. It opposes discrmination because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, citizenship, or any other protected characteristics established by law.
For information about the United Board, please visit www.unitedboard.org.