for Leadership Development & Northeast Asia
The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia seeks to fill the position of Program Director for Leadership Development and Northeast Asia. The position oversees programs in leadership development & Northeast Asia and reports to the Vice President for Programs. The position may be located in the United Board’s office in Hong Kong; partial remote work from other locations may also be considered.
- To research, plan, develop and work with institutions and individual grantees to implement programs on leadership development efficiently and cost-effectively.
- To explore potential projects with grantees that advance the United Board’s mission and priorities and meet the challenges and opportunities of higher education in Northeast Asia.
- To maintain ongoing contact with administrators and project coordinators in United Board network institutions in Northeast Asia through regular trips and correspondence.
- To maintain expertise in the current issues and problems related to higher education in Northeast Asia.
- To evaluate and recommend funding for proposed projects; to interview and recommend faculty for fellowships; to evaluate current projects, prepare reports, and approve grant payments.
- To support the general work of the United Board as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. A PhD. or the equivalent and prior experience in program and grants management, especially in the higher education sector, would be an advantage.
- Strong written and spoken language skills in English and an Asian language.
- Familiarity with higher education in Northeast Asia.
- Ability to think strategically and independently while, at the same time, working with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to move comfortably and respectfully across cultures, work effectively in a consultative manner within the United Board and with diverse program and institutional collaborators, and help others form effective partnerships.
- Must possess the intellect, creativity, and imagination to discern new opportunities for the United Board and develop effective strategies to build on them.
- Willingness to travel extensively (candidates who are not US citizens must be eligible for a visa to the United States).
The position will begin as soon as possible. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Applications must be submitted electronically to Ms. Louisa So at Lso@unitedboard.org with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for reference. Applicants not invited for an interview six weeks after the submission may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia is a nongovernmental organization committed to education that develops the whole person – intellectually, spiritually, and ethically.
We draw strength from our Christian identity and values and our collaboration with Asian colleges and universities. Together we prepare individuals for lives of professional and personal fulfillment and meaningful service in the community with others.
The United Board is an equal opportunity employer. It opposes discrimination because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, citizenship, or any other protected characteristics established by law.
For information about the United Board, please visit www.unitedboard.org.