Program Director for Leadership Development
The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia seeks to fill the position of Program Director for Leadership Development. The position oversees leadership development programs that serve Asia and reports to the Vice President for Programs. The position is located in the United Board’s office in Hong Kong, however, remote work from other locations may be considered.
- To research, plan, develop and work with institutions and individual grantees to implement programs on leadership development efficiently and cost-effectively.
- To explore potential projects with grantees that advance the United Board’s mission and priorities and meet the challenges and opportunities of higher education in Asia.
- To evaluate and recommend funding for proposed projects; to interview and recommend faculty for fellowships; to evaluate current projects, prepare reports, and approve grant payments.
- To build and maintain contacts with administrators and project coordinators in United Board network institutions and develop expertise on current issues and problems related to higher education in Asia, focusing on Northeast Asia.
- To support the general work of the United Board as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A master’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant work experience. A PhD. or the equivalent, and prior experience in leadership program development and grants management in the higher education sector, would be an advantage.
- Strong written and spoken language skills in English and an Asian language.
- Familiarity with higher education in Asia.
- Ability to think strategically and independently while, at the same time being able to collaborate effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to move comfortably and respectfully across cultures, work effectively in a consultative manner within the United Board and with the diverse program and institutional collaborators, and help others form effective partnerships.
- Must possess the intellect, creativity, and imagination to discern new opportunities for the United Board and develop effective strategies to build on them.
- Willingness to travel extensively (selected candidate must be eligible for a visa to the United States).
- Willingness to develop regional expertise and connections in Northeast Asia.
The position will begin as soon as possible. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Applications must be submitted electronically to Ms. Louisa So at Lso@unitedboard.org with a personal statement, resume, and contact information for two references by May 31, 2023. Applicants not invited for an interview six weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia is a nongovernmental organization committed to education that develops the whole person – intellectually, spiritually, and ethically.
We draw strength from our Christian identity and values and our collaboration with Asian colleges and universities. Together we prepare individuals for lives of professional and personal fulfillment and meaningful service in the community with others.
The United Board is an equal opportunity employer. It opposes discrimination because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, citizenship, or any other protected characteristics established by law.
For information about the United Board, please visit www.unitedboard.org.