(Update as of May 15, 2020)
A Message to Our Friends and Colleagues
The United Board has taken a number of actions in response to the continuing spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) that affect the operations of our offices and the scheduling of upcoming programs, as described below.
- As of Monday, March 16, a work-from-home policy is in place for the New York office. New York staff are available by email and are routinely checking their voicemail messages. Mail and donations continue to be processed; please call 212-870-2612 with any questions.
- Our Hong Kong office has re-opened, effective May 4, following the guidance of the Hong Kong government, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Chung Chi College.
- The staff of the Chennai consulting office that administers United Board programs for South Asia are working from home in response to Indian government’s closure of all schools and public facilities. They can be reached by email and voicemail.
Scheduling of Programs
- A number of programs scheduled for the next several months have been cancelled or postponed. To check the status, please click here.
- For other programs, a decision has not yet been made on whether to move forward. Further information will be shared when available. Please continue to check the status list for updates.
We know that many of our network institutions face similar challenges with respect to their operations and programs – and we share with them the goal of taking all steps necessary to ensure the health of our families, friends, colleagues, and communities. We send our best wishes to all of you, and we thank you for your patience and understanding in the days to come.
Nancy E. Chapman
United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia